Options for Worship During the Pandemic
On Sundays at 10 a.m.:
- Indoor public worship will be suspended for the summer.
We will have three outdoor Eucharist services this summer: June 27, July 25, and August 15 at 10 a.m. The rain date will be the Sunday after each of those dates. If it rains again that Sunday, that outdoor service will be cancelled.Please bring your own lawn chair and mask. Masks will be required during the distribution of the Eucharist.Please register with the office at email@example.com or 519-451-7780 for these services by noon on the Thursday before. This is so we have time to arrange seating that is physically distanced by households and bubbles.The service will be held on the front lawn, but if you prefer the shade of trees and lack of noise on the back lawn, there will be a radio on a speaker there for you to listen at 88.1 FM. Eucharist will be provided there as well.
- The service is live-streamed on Ascension’s YouTube channel
YouTube Tip: On some devices, it may take several hours after the recorded video of the service is posted for it to be listed on our YouTube channel. If you cannot find it immediately in the channel, please search “Church of the Ascension London Ontario month day.”
- Ascension broadcasts Sunday worship services at 88.1 FM. This signal covers about half a kilometre. The parking lot is open for listeners.
Wednesdays at 9 a.m. — On Zoom:
Please note: This service is taking a break from May 26 through the summer of 2021
- An 8- to 10-minute service of Morning Prayer is held on Zoom only at 9 a.m. — allowing for time for those less experienced with Zoom to get connected.
- This service is followed by a Bible Study of approximately an hour in length, depending on how the discussion goes
- If you wish to participate, contact Pastor Jim Garey at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the Zoom invitation.
Daily — On YouTube:
- Pastor Jim Garey conducts a 15-minute Evening Prayer service daily from his home on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/videojim45.
Baptisms, weddings and funerals are available during the pandemic. Please conduct Rev. Canon June Hough at 226-448-8790 or email@example.com for information on how these will be conducted during the pandemic.
Worship Services in Normal Times:
Sundays at 8:30 a.m.: A quiet, reflective worship service with no music.
Sundays at 10:00 a.m.: A worship service with music (mainly contemporary) and sometimes choir, with Ministry to Children, followed by Coffee Hour
Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.: A short service without music, followed by an optional Bible Study. This service and Bible study are usually not held in June, July, and August.
Kensington Village: Ascension is in a rotation with other area churches to conduct worship services at Kensington Village retirement and nursing home. Dates and times will be announced in the Sunday bulletin (see Sunday Announcements). All are welcome.
Shelley’s Garden: All year, any day, any time
“Shelley’s Garden”, to the right as you approach the main doors of the church, is open at all times for anyone who seeks a place of beauty for quiet contemplation. It was created in memory of Shelley Pentecost, a lovely singer with a joyful and generous heart who died in 2011. It was among her final wishes to have a garden like this created for the church.