Options for Worship During the Pandemic
On Sundays at 10 a.m. — In Person and on YouTube:
- Sunday worship services are being held both in person and online.
- This is a eucharist, or communion, service, but those attending in person will receive bread only and no wine.
- There will be only one service each Sunday, at 10 a.m.
- Attendance at in-person worship services is limited to 50 people. Please register to attend starting each Tuesday at 9 a.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-451-7780.
- Full details on what you need to know about COVID-19 safety at this service can be found by clicking here.
- An online worship option has been set up at:
Ascension’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_tB27TSdlE3lerNvZwvMvQ or search “Church of the Ascension London Canada”. Please click the red “Subscribe” button to be notified of future postings.
Ascension’s Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/102383728728/ or search “Church of the Ascension (Anglican) London ON”.
- A video illustrating some of the protocols for the return to in-church worship:
- A video by a member of Ascension’s Health & Wellness Team with tips on how to use a non-medical masks, especially helpful to those juggling masks and communion wafers.
On Wednesdays at 9 a.m. — On Zoom:
- An 8- to 10-minute service of Morning Prayer is held on Zoom only at 9 a.m. — allowing for time for those less experienced with Zoom to get connected.
- This service is followed by a Bible Study of approximately an hour in length, depending on how the discussion goes
- If you wish to participate, contact Pastor Jim Garey at email@example.com to arrange for the Zoom invitation.
Daily — On YouTube:
- Pastor Jim Garey conducts a 15-minute Evening Prayer service daily on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/videojim45.
Baptisms, weddings and funerals are available during the pandemic. Please conduct Rev. Canon June Hough at 226-448-8790 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how these will be conducted during the pandemic.
Worship Services in Normal Times:
Sundays at 8:30 a.m.: A quiet, reflective worship service with no music.
Sundays at 10:00 a.m.: A worship service with music (mainly contemporary) and sometimes choir, with Ministry to Children, followed by Coffee Hour
Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.: A short service without music, followed by an optional Bible Study. This service and Bible study are usually not held in June, July, and August.
Kensington Village: Ascension is in a rotation with other area churches to conduct worship services at Kensington Village retirement and nursing home. Dates and times will be announced in the Sunday bulletin (see Sunday Announcements). All are welcome.
Shelley’s Garden: All year, any day, any time
“Shelley’s Garden”, to the right as you approach the main doors of the church, is open at all times for anyone who seeks a place of beauty for quiet contemplation. It was created in memory of Shelley Pentecost, a lovely singer with a joyful and generous heart who died in 2011. It was among her final wishes to have a garden like this created for the church.