Options for Worship During the Pandemic
Indoor worship services will return starting Sunday, Sept. 12. Because of the more contagious Delta variant of COVID-19, the precautions we took previously for indoor services will remain in place:
- Register to attend at email@example.com or 519-451-7780 by noon on the Thursday before. If you let the office know you will be attending every or most Sundays/Wednesdays, you will not have to register every week.
- Doors open 15 minutes before the service.
- Six feet of physical distancing remains in effect.
- Masks are mandatory inside. (The music director may sing without a mask provided he is 12 feet from others.)
- Services will be limited to 45 minutes.
- Socializing is welcome, but please do it outside rather than lingering in the building.
- On Sundays, Eucharist services will be held at both 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- The Sunday service at 10 a.m. is live-streamed on Ascension’s YouTube channel.
YouTube Tip: On some devices, it may take several hours after the recorded video of the service is posted for it to be listed on our YouTube channel. If you cannot find it immediately in the channel, please search “Church of the Ascension London Ontario month day.”
- Ascension broadcasts Sunday worship services at 88.1 FM. This signal covers about half a kilometre. The parking lot is open for listeners.
- The midweek Eucharist service will return starting Wednesday, Sept. 15, at 9:30 a.m.
- A Bible Study will be offered following the Wednesday services.
- Pastor Jim Garey conducts a 15-minute Evening Prayer service daily from his home on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/videojim45.
Baptisms, weddings and funerals are available during the pandemic. Please conduct Rev. Canon June Hough at 226-448-8790 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how these will be conducted during the pandemic.
Worship Services in Normal Times:
Sundays at 8:30 a.m.: A quiet, reflective worship service with no music.
Sundays at 10:00 a.m.: A worship service with music (mainly contemporary) and sometimes choir, with Ministry to Children, followed by Coffee Hour
Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.: A short service without music, followed by an optional Bible Study. This service and Bible study are usually not held in June, July, and August.
Shelley’s Garden: All year, any day, any time
“Shelley’s Garden”, to the right as you approach the main doors of the church, is open at all times for anyone who seeks a place of beauty for quiet contemplation. It was created in memory of Shelley Pentecost, a lovely singer with a joyful and generous heart who died in 2011. It was among her final wishes to have a garden like this created for the church.