The Church of the Ascension has rooms available for rent on an on-going or one-time basis. Below, you can find details about rooms, rates and other notes.
To book a room or for further information not included here, please contact the Ascension office at 519-451-7780 or email@example.com. The Ascension office is open Monday to Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Notes About Rentals
- Rates listed below with each room are for one-time events. On-going, regular rentals may receive a reduced rate.
- Bookings by current members of the Church of the Ascension for personal/family events or by other Anglican churches are by donation.
- Requests for waiver of fees for charities or important community events will be considered by Ascension’s Executive Team on a case-by-case basis.
- For one-time events, renters will be required to have a church host on hand. Host rates are $10 an hour.
- Rental of the whole facility is available at a rate to be negotiated.
- All rentals allow for use of three washrooms: men’s, women’s, and a universal washroom, which includes a baby change table and features for people with disabilities.
- Renters will be required to provide satisfactory proof of insurance or purchase insurance for their events from the Diocese of Huron, which can arranged through Ascension.
- Audio-visual support is available at an additional cost. Click here for more information on services and rates.
- Capacity: 165 with tables, 225 with chairs only
Tables: 38 six-foot tables, 5 eight-foot tables, 20 round tables, 16 card tables
Chairs: 200 (25 additional mismatched chairs are also available.)
Built-in dividers can create four spaces for break-out groups
- Dimmer lights for dances or videos
- Large pull-down screen, 12 by 12 feet (3.6 x 3.6 metres)
- Direct access to kitchen (separate rental)
- Seats up to 240
- Seating “in the round”
- Worship furniture, including the altar, and the front few rows of pews can be removed for functions such as concerts
- $100 per event
- Kitchen users must have at least one person with a Food Handler Certificate or arrangements must be made with the church to have Ascension supply that person
- 2 gas stoves with ovens
- Convection oven
Food preparation surfaces
Pots and pans
Dishes and cutlery
Dishwasher (and three sinks for manual dishwashing)
Separate upright freezer (Please note: Freezer is often full for our Food Security Program. Please discuss its use at the time of booking.)
Coffee maker (Van Houtte brand coffee must be used)
Tea and coffee servers
- Direct access to the Parish Hall
- Seats up to 10
- Comfortable furniture
- TV and DVD player
- Flip chart stand
- Small fridge
- Tray tables
470 square feet/42 square metres
Equipped with toys
Can be used for small group meetings of up to 10 people
Direct access to the Parish Hall