Welcome to Church of the Ascension!
A parish church in the Diocese of Huron
and the Anglican Church of Canada
in London, Ontario, Canada
A sincere thank you for visiting our website
Worship services and times in-person and online, church office hours, the latest on programs and ministries, messages of hope, and more.
Didn’t catch the whole message while driving by at 60 km/h?
Here are the details and links:
- Indoor worship suspended: Worship inside the church building will remain suspended through the summer.
- Outdoor worship July 25 at 10 a.m.: Please register at 519-451-7780 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work out physical distancing for seating and keep a contact tracing list. Bring a lawn chair and a mask.
- Worship services on YouTube: All worship services conducted from the church are broadcast online. Click here for our YouTube channel.
YouTube Tip: On some devices, it may take several hours after the recorded video of the service is posted for it to be listed on our YouTube channel. If you cannot find it immediately in the channel, please search “Church of the Ascension London Ontario month day.”
- Listen in parking lot at 88.1 FM: Ascension broadcasts Sunday worship services at 88.1 FM. This signal covers about half a kilometre. The parking lot is open for listeners.
- We seek truth & reconciliation: For more than three decades, the Anglican Church of Canada has been on a journey of listening, truth-telling, repentance and healing with Indigenous Peoples, both within and outside the church. There is an urgent need for further healing and justice-seeking across the land, and we all have a role to play. You can read the Anglican Church of Canada’s apology for running residential schools here and view a video about the Anglican Healing Fund, “A Promise Kept”
- We stand with Muslim community: You can read a message from our bishop here.
- God bless essential workers: We give thanks for all those who keep essential services operating during the pandemic.
Are you seeking:
- Meaning and purpose in life, where hope and love guide choices and actions?
- A community of friends and fellowship where you can find support, care, respect and an opportunity to be heard?
- Growth in faith and practical spiritual help for yourself and your family?
- Ways to be of service to your community and the world for the sheer joy of giving?
So are we. Let’s do it together.
If you’re “church shopping” — that is, looking for a church home —
we’ve gathered some information from this website
that may help you. Click here.