Welcome to Church of the Ascension!
A parish church in the Diocese of Huron
and the Anglican Church of Canada
in London, Ontario, Canada
A sincere thank you for visiting our website
You can access many pages about our church from the drop-down menus
in the black navigation bar above.
Anglican Church public worship services have been suspended indefinitely starting Sunday, March 15, across the province of Ontario. Ascension’s Executive Team has made several decisions and arrangements coming out of this. Highlights:
- An online worship option has been set up. Click here for how to view it.
- Programs offered by the church directly and by outside renters and other users of the building are also suspended, except for the Community Breakfast, which will continue as takeout meal.
- Pastoral care is still available from our clergy. Based on guidelines from the bishop, it will most likely be by phone, except in the cases of gravely ill or dying persons. Click here for contact information.
- Weddings and funerals are postponed, except in extraordinary circumstances.
- Although the church office is closed on the premises, the Parish Administrator is working from home and can be contacted through the usual office channels listed on the Find Us page.
In this time of pandemic, join us for:
Many Faiths, One Voice
Interfaith Prayer for the Forest City
Sunday, May 31, 7:30 p.m.
Click here to see the poster.
You can read all the communications from the Executive Team regarding the pandemic here:
- May 13: Executive communications
- April 16: Executive communications re: stewardship
- April 10: Easter blessing letter from Rev. Canon June Hough
- March 25 Executive communications
- March 24 Executive communications
- March 21 Executive communications
- March 14 Executive communications
The March 13 message from Bishop Todd Townshend of the Diocese of Huron can be read here.
- In-church services and activities are suspended, but worship services are online: See the heading “COVID-19 Coronavirus” above.
- Free Community Bagged Breakfast: The Community Breakfast will be held on May 19, 7:30-10:30 a.m., at the church, but it will be takeout in a bag at the door rather than sit-down at tables inside.
- Thank you, essential workers: The Province of Ontario has designated some workers as essential even as other businesses have been ordered to close their premises due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. We thank all of them for their commitment.
- Faith, hope and love abide: “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” From St. Paul’s letter to the church in Corinth, in ancient Greece.
Are you seeking:
- Meaning and purpose in life, where hope and love guide choices and actions?
- A community of friends and fellowship where you can find support, care, respect and an opportunity to be heard?
- Growth in faith and practical spiritual help for yourself and your family?
- Ways to be of service to your community and the world for the sheer joy of giving?