Welcome to Church of the Ascension!
A parish church in the Diocese of Huron
and the Anglican Church of Canada
in London, Ontario, Canada
A sincere thank you for visiting our website
You can access many pages about our church from the drop-down menus
in the black navigation bar above.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates
Anglican Church public worship services have moved online and many programs have been suspended — with the exception of meal support programs such as our Community Breakfast — until at least after Labour Day across the province of Ontario. The archbishop of Ontario, the Most Reverend Anne Germond, explains:
“Regardless of where the Government of Ontario is with its reopening plan, our churches will not be reopening for in-person worship until at least September. This decision was made in consultation with public health experts as well as our diocesan executive officers and chancellors, with the well-being and safety of all our parishioners and the communities we serve uppermost in our hearts and minds.”
We have brought together all the material related to COVID-19 church news and messages, including worship links and Community Breakfast information, in one page. Click here to go to our COVID-19 page.
- Worship services on YouTube: Go to our Worship page for the link to our YouTube channel for worship services. Public worship is not taking place at the church until at least after Labour Day.
- Free Community Bagged Breakfast: The Community Breakfast will be held on June 16, 7:30-10:30 a.m., at the church, but it will be takeout in a bag at the door rather than sit-down at tables inside.
- Do justice, love mercy: The ancient Hebrew prophet of Micah — in full “What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God” — gives us advice that resonates today as protesters around the world seek justice for George Floyd and others.
Are you seeking:
- Meaning and purpose in life, where hope and love guide choices and actions?
- A community of friends and fellowship where you can find support, care, respect and an opportunity to be heard?
- Growth in faith and practical spiritual help for yourself and your family?
- Ways to be of service to your community and the world for the sheer joy of giving?