Pre-Authorized Payment (PAP) is an easy solution to creating stable cash-flow for Church of the Ascension’s bank account, it allows for more:
- effective budget planning next year
- your gift still reaches the church even if you are away.
- you can increase your points level if you have a credit card that uses reward points for spending each month.
PAP is as simple as filling out a form with your banking or credit card information, supplying the amount you wish to donate on a once-a-month or twice-a-month basis, attaching a void cheque and signing the form.
Other solutions to PAP issues include:
- Some people feel that they need to put something on the offering plate. Ascension can supply you with cards that say “my offering was submitted by pre-authorized payment”.
- What happens if I want to increase or decrease my givings? A simple change of information form can be filled in for changes to givings or even banking information.
- How can I participate in PAP if I tithe and my paycheque changes all the time? If you have an idea of what you will make, on average, tithe on it and then at the end of each month, quarter or even year, if there is a difference in what you gave and what your tithe would have been, you can donate the difference on the offering plate.
If a pre-authorized payment plan isn’t in your future, but a vacation is, please consider doing one of the following:
- Placing post-dated cheques on the offering plate before you leave, so you are still able to give while away.
- If you are away, when you return, place the envelopes you missed on the offering plate.
Things to Note:
- Pre-Authorized Payment (PAP) forms are available from the warden in charge of finances, the church office, the Diocese of Huron office or the Diocesan website (http://www.diohuron.org/what/stewardship/preauthorized.php). PAP forms are available for major credit cards and chequing accounts.
- Credit card giving is charged on the 15th of each month.
For chequing account giving, you can chose to have your accounted debited on one or two or these dates: the 10th, 21st or 25th of each month.
- Completed PAP forms can be returned to the church office or to the diocesan office.